Sunday, June 2, 2002
Last modified at 3:58 p.m. on Saturday, June 1, 2002
© 2002 - The Lubbock Avalanche-Journal
VATICAN EXHIBIT FACTS
Museum Hours for Vatican Exhibit
- The museum will be open from 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday, 9 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Thursday, and 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday. The museum is closed on Mondays.
- Parking is available on the north and west sides of the Museum of Texas Tech. Parking also is available at Tech's International Cultural Center, which is located adjacent to the westward expansion of the museum.
- Should more parking be needed, Texas Tech will provide shuttle busses running from the parking lot across from the street from the United Spirit Arena, located at 18th Street and Indiana Avenue.
How To Get Tickets
- The Vatican exhibit has no admission price. However, free tickets must be obtained in advance. Visitors should know the day, and hour of day, they wish to attend before requesting tickets. The reason for admitting visitors on an hourly basis is to regulate the number of people in the gallery; 200 visitors will be admitted each hour.
- Tickets can be reserved in advance by calling 742-6800 locally, or toll-free 866-803-6873.
- Phone lines are manned all day, every day, by Stenocall, who assumed the duty after it became difficult for museum employees to handle the influx of reservations.